Sunday, September 5, 2010

How do we think?

So, today I heard a great message on Pride. Three statements to consider;
  1. It's all about Me,
  2. I deserve this,
  3. Check me out.
That got me thinking, Aren't those the statement we use in Loosing or Gaining weight? Think about it.....

1. It's all about Me.... I need to lose this weight to feel better. I need to do this for my health. I know this is right. If I look better I will be liked more, have more friends and my job situation will get better.

2.I deserve this.... I have had my children, It is now my time to look good. the kids are gone ,out of the house, this is the time, I deserve this for all those years of work. My Partner has left me, I deserve I new life. It's been a hard year so now I deserve a break. Hey I had three kids....

3. Check me out... Look what I am doing, Lost the weight, looking good. I can do this see my new look. I'll show them, check me out now!

I'm sure you thought of more responses. Oh yeah this is a world of "it's all about me". We use that term to describe others. Yet sometimes we alt to look from within. What is the real reason we are motivated and should we turn our thought patterns to the Lord.
You see once upon a time I did lose the weight with the help of the Lord giving him the credit for the successful weight lost. However some where along the line I lost it and started using the terms " I did it before I can do it now"..."It's within my ability to do this"...." All I need to do is this or that"... "Look I deserve this with the things I've been through and Then you will see what I can do" . That is when I started to fail, My eyes were not were to should be. I allow my Prideful mind to guide me. It is now time to change that pattern to allow the Lord to mark my path. To lean on Him and not myself. For you see We will fail in the long run and end back where we started if we depend on ourselves.

The Lord is my strength and I will lean on Him. Will not let this worlds' mind of It's all about me to guide my path to be healthy. Yes I will do my part and research on, count caloric intake, make things better for my body. There is still a duty on my part to do this. However I will not take the credit totally for the success to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!!